“O give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his steadfast love endures forever! Let Israel say, ‘His steadfast love endures forever.’ Let the house of Aaron say, ‘His steadfast love endures forever.’ Let those who fear the Lord say, ‘His steadfast love endures forever.’ Out of my distress I called on the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me in a broad place. With the Lord on my side I do not fear. What can mortals do to me?” Psalm 118
• Sandy Bishop Studemire as she mourns the death of her husband, Stuart on March 29th
• The family of Verleen Gregory as they mourn the death of Verleen on March 27
• Allen Speer’s mother Frieda, recovering from a fall, at home with Allen.
• Bill Tate at home with Hospice
• Sharon Haber awaiting biopsy results
• Marianne Gore and family as they mourn the death of Grover Gore March 3
• Bob Tatje recovering from surgery
• Eddie Fletcher (Katy Fletcher’s son) diagnosed with cancer
• Karen Avery (Katy Fletcher’s daughter) diagnosed with breast cancer
• Ashley Smith recovering from surgery • Ben Garris with health concerns
• Debi Tornow with health issues
Tommy Humphrey (Marsha McManus’s brother) who has leukemia
• Those who are home-bound or in assisted living: John Balmer, Lee Councill, Irv Fryberger, Marianne Gore, Larry Kennedy, Jean Russell
• Our partner institutions: Arca de Noé (partner church in Guatemala), Lees-McRae College, Grandfather Home for Children (CHA), Cannon Memorial Hospital
• Hui and Gordon Causby, teachers in China
• Hebron Colony & Bethel Colony ministries
• Volunteer Avery
• Those with health concerns: Bob Anderson, George Conklin, Erika Deal , Bobby Jennings, Libby McGowan, E.C. Newman, Roxanna Nicholes, Charles Saunders, Tommy Thompson, Carolyn West, Jeremiah West, Bill Wilson.
If you have a prayer concern to include in the bulletin, please communicate it to the church office, preferably via email, by no later than first thing Thursday morning. Always check to ensure the person being considered approves of the inclusion in the bulletin. The pastor will also receive additional prayer concerns before worship each Sunday; please write them legibly on paper and hand to him, or place on the pulpit.
BEST WISHES AND BIRTHDAY BLESSINGS: April 5: Matthew Wimberly, David Tate; April 11: Carolyn Jones.
One Great Hour of Sharing: Since 1949 Presbyterians have joined with millions of other Christians through One Great Hour of Sharing, to share God’s love with those in need. Your generous gifts assist those affected by natural disasters, provide food for the hungry and assist to help empower the poor and oppressed. Specifically, gifts to the One Great Hour of Sharing special offering support the following: Presbyterian Disaster Assistance, Presbyterian Hunger Program and Self-Development of People. This offering is normally received on Easter Sunday. Due to the COVID-19and the Governor’s mandate to “shelter in place” we will not be able to have a worship service in the sanctuary. Please consider making a contribution to this fund by writing a check to BEPC with a notation for “One Great Hour of Sharing” and mailing to BEPC, P.O. Box 158, Banner Elk, NC.